Pillow: Having my own pillow was a must! Yes, the hospital provide these, but having my own pillow helps me sleep better.
Robe & Pajamas: I usually sleep in pajama pants and a t-shirt, so I think having something loose fitting and and possibly button up will feel somewhat normal, but will also make breastfeeding easy. A rope is a must too! Both will look a little more decent than a hospital gown, for when guest stop by. {Pajamas & Robe}
Towel: Again, this is something I know the hospital will provide, but the quality is poor and I'd much rather have my own.
Hair Straightener: I don't go anywhere without it. I may also take my blow dryer, but I will most definitely have my straightener. Gotta look decent for those first few pictures with my baby boy!
Toiletries: This may seem totally obvious and yes, I know that the hospital will provide the basic necessities, but having things like my deodorant, contact solution, lotions, face wash, etc.
Nursing Tanks, Lounge Pants & Nursing Bras: For when I want to "dress up" a little more but still be comfortable and able to breastfeed with ease. {Great Tanks, Lounge Pants & Bras}
Hand Sanitizer: Pretty self explanatory.
Ziploc Bags: I plan to throw a few ziploc bags in to have on hand for little things that I might want to keep or bring home with me.
Something to Wear Home: While I might just wear lounge pants and a tank top, I plan to pack a loose fitting maxi in case I want to look a little nicer.
Most hospitals provide the basic essentials for your new baby, however there are some things I plan on having on hand. Since the diaper bag will already be packed, and most of these are diaper bag essentials, packing for baby shouldn't be too much work.
Diaper Bag: I plan to pack everything for Dayton in his diaper bag. That way, his stuff won't get mixed in with everything else and will be easy to get to. I got the Skip Hop Duo Special Edition Diaper Bag.
Diaper Bag: I plan to pack everything for Dayton in his diaper bag. That way, his stuff won't get mixed in with everything else and will be easy to get to. I got the Skip Hop Duo Special Edition Diaper Bag.
Newborn Hat: I ordered a Monogrammed Newborn Hat from SoSewDarling and also have a few other plain ones.The hospital should also provide these.
Newborn Socks: To keep his little feet warm, both in the hospital and on the way home.
Newborn Scratch Mittens: To keep him from possibly scratching his little face.
Diapers & Wipes: These will be packed in the diaper bag anyway, so we will have them on hand in case we want to use them instead of what the hospital provides. We plan on using Pampers Swaddlers and Pampers Sensitive Wipes.
Receiving / Swaddling Blankets: I registered for the Aden & Anais Swaddlers, recently purchased a pack of flannel blankets from Circo and was gifted this beautiful Aden & Anais Dream Blanket from Peek-a-Whoo. I am not 100% sure which ones I will take with us.
Sleep Gowns / Going Home Outfit: Of course, I wanted something cute and cozy for him to wear for his first visitors and for his much awaited trip home. Newborn gowns seem like they will be easy on and off and provide easy access for diaper changes.
Breast Feeding Pillow: I haven't decided if I will take the Boppy or the My Brest Friend pillow, but will bring one or the other.
Baby Book: I most likely will not be taking the entire baby book, but will definitely take the foot print / hand print page(s) and birth stats page(s).
Pacifiers: I want to have these on hands in case we decide to use them. Like the diapers and wipes, these will be a diaper bag staple. Specifically, I have the Philips AVENT BPA Free Soothie Pacifiers in blue.
Car Seat: This is another obvious! You gotta have a way to get the little one home, plus the hospital will not let you leave without having a properly installed car seat. We are using the Britax B Safe Car Seat.
Packing for Dad is the easiest, as they are usually they are pretty low maintenance. While he usually doesn't need much, here is a short list of some essentials items we don't want to forget.
Comfy Clothes: For both sleeping in and wearing around the hospital room.
Sandals or Slippers: For wearing around the room and to/from the bathroom.
Toiletries: Just the basics and whatever he wants for showering.
Pillow: Just like for Mama, I know he'd prefer to have his own.
Hat: He typically has one close by for early morning bed head.
Headphones: Not sure we will actually end up taking these but they made the list anyway.
Light Sweater: While it most likely won't be cold enough outside to be necessary, it might get cold in the hospital room and will be good to have in case.
In addition to the necessities for Mommy, Baby and Daddy, there are a few additional items I plan to have on hand.
Money (Small Bills or Change): For vending machines and parking costs.
Camera & Extra Memory Card: For capturing baby's first days!
Snacks: Let's face it, hospital food is not the greatest. In case of long days or nights, it will be nice to have some snacks on hand.
Ipad, Phones, Headphones and Chargers: The ipad for killing time (internet access or movies) and the phone for staying in touch with family and friends, as well as for music.
Best Beginnings Book: I don't actually have one, but think they are the coolest. Find yours at Petunia Pickle Bottom.
My Baby Binder: Read more here.
Tums, Chapstick and Tylenol: I typically have these on hand (in my purse) on a daily basis, anyway.
Reading Materials: Magazines and Books for quiet time before (or after baby arrives).
Other great lists and ideas from around the web.
Pregnant Chicken |
No comments