Kangaroo Care Awareness Day

Friday, May 15, 2015

Happy International Kangaroo Care Awareness Day!!

The first time I held Dayton was the best moment of my entire life! Yes, all the wires, tubes and machines were intimidating, but nothing compared to the immediate impact it had on both of us. His vitals finally stabilized for the first time in over 12 hours and for me, it did so much more. I am so thankful to our sweet nurse practitioner who sat my my side and made it possible for me to hold him that night, even if it was only for a brief moment.  Kangaroo Care was by far the most rewarding care I gave him during his NICU stay & I will forever treasure those important moments we shared.

 photo Desktop1_zpshqblfbgu.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger