My Whole Heart

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Just before I go to sleep at night, I typically scroll through all the recent photos on my phone. I just love looking back and getting to re-live each day with this little boy. He is growing up so quickly. Just last night Jason and I were talking about how fast time flies. We laughed because it sounds so cliche but honestly, I don't know where the time goes.

It seems like just yesterday we were spending our days in the NICU with a teeny tiny 2 lbs baby and now?

This.

 photo IMG_1119_zps5nyysc7f.jpg

 photo IMG_1114_zpsdnr2zati.jpg

 photo IMG_1068-001 1_zpsmk8dorpf.jpg

If someone had told me 8 months ago that our little man would be this healthy, this smart and this dang tough, I would have wanted to believe you but I am not sure I would have. But today? He just learned to roll over from his back to his tummy, is so close to sitting on his own, is eating solids like a champ and is simply the happiest baby on the block. We are incredibly blessed.

I promise you....my whole heart for my whole life.

"As you begin your Wholehearted journey, the greatest gift I can give to you is to live and love with my whole heart and to dare greatly. 


I will not teach or love or show you anything perfectly, but I will let you see me, and I will always hold sacred the gift of seeing you. Truly, deeply, seeing  you."


-The Wholehearted Parenting Manifesto by Brene Brown. 
If you've never read it, you can find it here.


1 comment:

  1. You are definitely blessed and you deserve it! He is your miracle and life definitely goes by fast!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger