Love It or Loose It {Popular Baby Items}

Monday, February 9, 2015

Love It or Loose It

Personally, I find reading reviews or hearing someone's personal experience with an item before I invest any amount of money into buying it is helpful. Of course, every family and every baby is different and things that work for some don't work for others and visa versa. That said, I thought I would take a minute to review some of the more popular baby items we have used in the last few months.

1. Aden & Anais Swaddles
Ours were a gift, but they are sold at Buy Buy Baby, Target, and Babies-R-Us.
We never used these to actually swaddle Dayton but used them all the time in his car seat, rock-n-play and stroller. Of course, they are soft and breathable which is great for us, since Dayton loves to pull blankets up around his head. When folded up, they are actually quite warm and we love the super cute prints they come in! I don't love their price tag, however I would have to say they are worth it.

2. 4moms Classic mamaRoo
Ours was a gift but you can find them at Target or Amazon.
Dayton wasn't a huge fan of it but did occasionally take a good nap in it. I don't like that it is bulky and hard to store but I do like that is has a variety of movement settings and plays music from an iphone.

3. Skip Hop Duo Limited Edition French Stripe Diaper Bag
We got ours from Nordstrom but you can find it at  Babies-R-Us, Target, and Pottery Barn Kids.
I originally picked this for the design and the modern print. I ended up having ours monogrammed in a dark red and I get a ton of compliments on it. I love that is durable, and has both the adjustable shoulder / cross body strap (I wear it cross body mostly) & the shorter handles. It's hangs over the stroller handles perfectly. What I don't like is the lack of space in the main pocket. I also worry that, while easily accessible and convenient, that the two outside pockets will eventually stretch out (we shall see!).

4. Just One You (by Carter's for Target) Sleep-N-Play
Sold exclusively at Target.
While they come in the cutest patterns, are inexpensive and are really good quality, for Dayton, they don't always fit well. They seem to be on the longer side which means when they fit him around the tummy/chest they are too long in the legs. The true Carter's line seem to fit better and be more true to size.

5. Pampers Swaddlers & Pampers Sensitive Wipes
We usually buy diapers at Target, Amazon & Diapers.com are great too!
Since the hospital and NICU provide both, we continued with them when Dayton came home. I pretty quickly realized that, while I was a big fan of the diapers, I wasn't a huge fan of the wipes. The diapers are soft which I like, but the wipes seemed to leave his skin a little too moist. I switched to Huggies Natrual Care Wipes and have been using them ever since. Dayton just started sleeping through the night and I have noticed the diapers seem to be leaking a little, so we are going to change to something other than the swaddlers to help keep him extra dry when he goes all night without being changed. We will most likely try the Pampers Baby Dry.

6. The Boppy Newborn Lounger
Ours is from Target but they are also sold at Amazon and Walmart.
Before I had Dayton, everyone was raving about how great the Boppy Lounger was and how I had to have one. They were constantly sold out locally, but my sister ended up finding one for us just about the time we brought Dayton home from the hospital. After all our searching, we ended up barely using it. Because it has more of a flat surface, Dayton really didn't like it. I am guessing he didn't feel as secure on/in it. As he got older he definitely preferred the original boppy to the lounger.

7. Britax B Safe Car Seat and B Agile Stroller
Ours were a gift, but they can be found at BuyBuyBaby Amazon and Albeebaby.
We were fortunate that we were gifted two car seats, three bases and the stroller so it made our decision on what system to use quite easy. Because Dayton was so little when he came home, the car seat wasn't exactly perfect but we were able to make it work by using inserts and blankets rolled up around and under him. The stroller has been great and is easy to push/maneuver in small places , however it is fairly heavy and not the easiest to travel with. I do really like the sleek design (we have the all black) and all the material cleans really easily. Overall, both are working out just fine for us but probably would not be my first choice if I had it to do over again.

8. Halo Sleep Sack Swaddle & Blanket
We usually find good deals at Babies-R-Us but have also bought some on Zulily (when featured) & Amazon.
Not a day has gone by that Dayton has not slept in his Halo Sleep Sack. He started with the swaddles and now wears the wearable blanket and we love both. The fleece ones are great for the winter months and the cotton ones are great for when its warmer outside. They are easy to put on and come in the cutest patterns and colors and the velcro on the swaddles hold up really well after many washes. We have tried other brands of similar swaddles & sleep sacks and none compare to the quality of the Halo products.

Disclosure: My opinions are strictly based on our first hand experience using each of these items and I was not financially compensated for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger