BE KIND

Monday, January 20, 2014

I have started and deleted this post more times than I can remember over the last (going-on) four years. Many times, I didn't know how to start it, but most of the time I simply couldn't bring myself to actually post it. Some might say, "you blog about everything else in your life, what's the big deal?" but the reality is, just typing the word infertility is hard.

Just recently we were getting ready to head to another appointment (which would mean more poking & prodding, more needles and medication) and both of us were pretty frustrated.  One of the most frustrating things about the whole process is the inability to truly understand how your spouse is feeling.  That's the funny thing, while infertility is something we are going through together, it evokes the most selfish and lonely of emotions. At times, it feels like no on really gets it.

Then we came across this article.
Finally, someone else actually gets it.

So, you see, if the writer of that post was able to literally take every emotion right out of our own hearts, compose the most perfectly written post and in turn, give us, if only for a moment, comfort that we might not actually be the only ones, then we owe it to others, who may find encouragement from our story, to do the same.

So here goes.....you can catch up and follow our journey here.
I plan to keep it tucked into one of the pages of this blog, for now.

So I will end this post by asking a favor of sorts.

BE KIND.

Remember that everyone you meet it fighting a battle. That while everyone's journey is different, we laugh, we love, we hope, we try, we hurt, we need, we fear all the same.


2 comments:

  1. From one lady to another - you are so strong to post this on your blog and the journey that you have been on. Keep your head up. For me, I had two losses before Shelby Grace was born (8 weeks and 13 weeks). Although you may feel alone in your struggles, there are many women out there who are just silent about theirs. I hope 2014 is a good year for you and your husband!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ashley! I was nervous about posting it but so glad I did. I have received such amazing feedback & support! Its crazy how many people have gone through similar situations!

      Delete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger