The Flowers

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Before our first meeting with the florist, I knew exactly what I wanted.
I have always felt that roses are timeless and classic and that for our wedding, I wanted mainly roses. Of course, I wanted to also use some hydrangeas to add come variety.
We chose to use antique & green hydrangeas in additional to the roses. As far as the color of roses, I basically asked the florist to use all shades of pink!
My bouquet shared the same color roses as my bridesmaid’s bouquets; however mine also had white roses to create a slightly more “bridal” look.  The stem of my bouquet was wrapped in ivory satin ribbon, while the bridesmaid’s bouquets were wrapped in “sand” colored ribbon.
 
 
The groom & groomsmen boutonnieres were a single rose. The Groom’s was white & the groomsmen’s were pink.
 
The aisle at the ceremony was lined with shepherd hooks with hanging mason jars full of roses and foliage accented with an ivory ribbon. At the front of the aisle there were two large arrangements of cherry blossoms, roses, and foliage.
Our flower girl carried a small basket of pink rose petals.
 

 
After the ceremony the mason jars from the aisle were moved to the reception where they were used as centerpieces on the bar tables.
The centerpieces for the guest tables were a little less traditional. We used lanterns as the main part of the centerpiece and added some roses and greenery to fill in around the base. The idea for the lanterns was born after falling in love with iron work on the gates, fences and doors around the property of the venue. The top of the lanterns mimicked the iron work perfectly and the scroll like pattern was also used on our invitations.
 
 
The cake was one of my favorite details of the wedding. Between each layer there was a thick layer of antique hydrangeas and the cake was topped with more hydrangeas and a few pink roses.
 
 Lastly, I had a small bouquet made for the bouquet toss. The bouquet was similar to the bridesmaid’s bouquets with roses and hydrangeas.

{Images courtesy of: Browne Photography}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger