It's been a long 2 weeks

Monday, March 19, 2012

Ok, let's catch up, shall we?

Three weeks ago (has it really been that long since I blogged? Sorry!) Jason’s uncle came and stayed with us for a night before heading to the Daytona 500. He and two of his friends arrived late on Saturday, stopped by the club to see Jason, then they met me at our apartment until Jason was off work. They treated us to dinner that night and we had a great time catching up and visiting. We woke up the following morning to gray skies and a not-so good weather report. If you follow Nascar, then you already know that the race was delayed until the following day due to inclement weather. Unfortunately, they couldn’t stay the night again, so they headed back home.

The following weekend, Dawn (my step-mom) & JP (my little bro) visited for a few days. It was so good to see them. It was JP's spring break so we were glad they could come and visit…finally! We’ve been trying to get JP down here for months! Hopefully he’ll be back soon.

Dawn and I spent one of the days in St. Augustine. I had never toured the Flagler College campus, so we stopped by for the tour. It is such a beautiful building. You can read more about it here.



After our day in St. Augustine, we met the boys at our favorite place here in Flagler Beach. JP tried oysters for the first time and surprise (!!!) he liked them! This is a huge feet for the guy that still wont eat lettuce at age (almost) 21.



That night we played a little Robot Uno. It was hilarious and we had such a good time playing! I had no idea it even existed but I highly recommend it for your next game night.


The next day, while JP was down in Daytona with his buddies, Dawn and I drove A1A doing a little sight seeing along the beach. We stopped in Ormond Beach when we saw a huge crowd gathered by the water. A poor Pigmy Sperm Whale had beached himself. Beachgoers tried to keep him alive, cool and wet while waiting for the team from Sea World to make it over from Orlando. Unfortunately, the vet said that they typically beach themselves when they are suffering from heart issues and that his chance of survival was pretty slim if they were to release him back into the water. After some blood work, sadly, they had to euthanize him. It was so sad.


The same weekend was the first weekend of Bike Week. We weren't sure what to expect since we are a good 30 minutes from Daytona Beach but, sure enough, our little beach town was packin' them in. More on that later.


The day after Dawn and JP left, the weather took a turn for the worst. I am glad it was nice while they were here at least.




The crappy weather meant we spent a lazy day inside recovering from all the fun we'd been having. It was much needed.
Can you tell….?


I think it is safe to say, we have one spoiled dog!


Spending the day inside, meant I got to spend time catching on imporant things and doing a little organizing! I am currently planning my sister’s upcoming baby shower and I'm so excited that things are coming together! I can't wait to share more details. I am hosting the shower with a great group of ladies and can't wait to celebrate with everyone, next month!


And.....lastly. On my way back to Tallahassee on Wednesday, I was about 65 miles from Tallahassee, on I-10 when I was hit by the drive shaft of a semi! This is only part of what hit my car. It basically just broke off from under the trailer and came back and hit back car, as well as three others.

My car was the only one of four that was not drivable, so it had to be towed to Tallahassee. Lindsay had to come pick me up and I have been dealing with insurance and repair men every since. It's almost been 2 weeks and I am still in a rental car. Hopefully I get my car back tomorrow!

And speaking of rental cars....

I was returning one to pick up another last week when I was hit again! This time by an idiot backing up in a gas station that just backed right into me! Thankfully there was a sheriff there who witnessed it and we were right across from the dealership so we were able get everything handled and settled on that fairly quickly. But serious...it's been a long 2 weeks.

Thankfully this weekend was full of nothing but friends and fun! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger