You and Me Goin' Fishin'

Sunday, February 5, 2012

One of the great things about living so close to the water, is that we get to spend a lot of time outside. Whether it's walking on the beach, having dinner and drinks on the intercoastal or fishing from one the many piers in the area, we love spending time by the water.
One recent adventure took us back to the Grenada Pier for a day of fishing! We headed down mid-morning after eating breakfast and packing up the car.
We stopped along US 1 for gas, some bottled water and my favorite...boiled peanuts!
I also needed to pick up a fishing license. While you don't need one to fish from the pier, I thought it was a good idea to go ahead and get one, since I predict lots of fishing in our future.

It was pretty windy and chilly at the pier, but we set up shop and Hubby got everything ready. My step-dad gave Jason a new rod and reel for Christmas, so he was excited to get to use it for the first time.
Thankfully, the clouds parted and we got some sunshine! It warmed things up a bit.
I tend to get bored pretty quickly (especially if we arent catching anything!) so I made sure to bring the necessities to keeping myself entertained, in the event the catching was slow. My book, My iPad and some snacks!
After fishing we headed to Hurricane Patty's for dinner and drinks! We really love HP's so we tend to spend a lot of time there. It's our new go-to place.
We ate dinner, had a few drinks and watched the sun set, before heading home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger