Black Eyed Peas

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Before we headed out to the Jags game, I wanted to throw something in the crock pot for dinner. I knew we would be gone the majority of the day and wanted to come home to an already prepared meal:)

So, what's a girl to do? 
Pull out a cook book.
Check out Pinterest, of course!

I have to admit, I can be a bit superstitious, so I had to make sure I made the right things in order to ensure we had a chance at good luck, riches and happiness in 2012!

Of course, Black Eyed Peas {for good luck!} were a must.

Ingredients
1lb dried Black Eyed Peas
2 cups water
4 cups beef broth
1 Tablespoon  white wine vinegar
4-5 fresh garlic cloves or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
2 Tablespoons butter

Wash the peas, put them in the crockpot with the ingredients and cook covered on high for 4 hours.



We ate the peas over rice {for riches!} and also whipped up some cornbread {for happiness!}.

You can see more of my fav recipes HERE.
Follow me on Pinterest HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger