Slow Cooker Jambalaya

Monday, December 26, 2011

The other night I tried a new receipe from my "Yum Yum" Board on Pinterest!

Slow Cooker Jambalaya!

This was a really easy recipe and so yummy! It called for sausage and chicken but I omitted the chicken and doubled the sausage to use what we already had in the fridge.

{I must admit, it was the first time I used some of the spices from our spice rack that we received as a Wedding Gift. Is is just me or can spices be a little bit intimidating when cooking new things?}

2 pound smoked turkey sausage, sliced
1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
3 Tbsp dried minced onion flakes
1 cup chicken broth
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons dried parsley
2 tsp minced garlic
2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
white rice or instant rice (two servings)

In a slow cooker, mix the sausage, tomatoes with juice, onion, garlic, and broth. Season with oregano, parsley, Cajun seasoning, cayenne pepper, and thyme. 

Cover, and cook 4 hours on High.
Mix in cooked rice cook for about 15 minutes to warm through
I also made Cheesy Biscuits, which hubby LOVED!

Over all it was a success! A spicey sucess, but a sucess nonetheless!

You can see more receips that I love HERE!

You can see my "Yum Yum" pinterest board HERE!
While you are there...please follow me, so I can follow you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger