The City that Never Sleeps

Saturday, November 26, 2011

The morning following the wedding, we headed over to Manhattan to stay for our last night in NY. We took the ferry again, which was interesting because we had to haul all our luggage with us. It worked out fine and we made it to our hotel, which was just a few blocks from Times Square. Once we dropped off our bags, we headed out for the day.

First stop was Times Square.


We even made it on one of the huge billboards! Ha! Can you see us?



After navigating through the crowds and trying to take everything in (it was so amazing but very overwhelming), we stopped for pizza at John's Pizzaria. Suprisingly, the wait wasn't too long and both the food and service were great!


We had tickets to see Memphis that afternoon, so after lunch we headed over to the Shubert Theatre.


The play was great! We all really liked it. Memphis won the Tony in 2010 for Best Musical.

Afterwards, we headed out to make out way back to our hotel.

Not but 20 feet out the door we saw a crowd gathering and happened to look to our right, just in time to see Anne Hathaway leaving Hugh Jackman's show on Broadway. So cool! I wasnt quick enough to get a picture...sorry!

Our walk back to the hotel was so cool! I loved seeing the city at night!


After checking into our rooms and quickly changing we headed out to Rockefeller Center. The walk over took us right by Radio City Music Hall.


I was excited to see the Ice Skating rink and the tree. The tree was up but not lit yet, as we were a few days before the annual Macy's Parade and Lighting of the Tree. The tree was larger and the rink was much smaller than I expected!

We decided to go to the Top of the Rock, as it was recommened by so many! Lots of people say it is better than going to the top of the Empire State Building.  I am so glad we did! I think it might of been our favorite part of the trip. I highly recommend it if you are ever in Manhattan! The views were amazing!


After spending a good amount of time on the Observation Deck, we headed back towards the hotel, stopping for dinner at Connolly's Pub & Resturant, where I ate my first EVER, Shepherd's Pie. It was yummy! I had no idea what I had been missing for my whole life. :)


After making our way back to the hotel, half our party turned in for the night.

Hubby accidently left his credit card at the Pub so we had to walk back to get it. On our way back to the hotel (again!) we stopped into Planet Hollywood for a few drinks.

We left Planet Hollywood after a hour or two and headed back to the hotel for night. (Can you tell we did a lot of walking?)

We were shocked at how packed Times Square still was late at night! I know it's "the city that never sleeps" but it was still crazy to see! It was also so bright, it felt like it was the middle of the day. I love the bight light and hustle bustle of a big city!

On a side note, I thought I would share the following with you...


Crazy huh? That's a lot of $$!

I'll be back tomorrow to catch up on Thanksgiving, 30 days of Thanks, and our last day in NY!

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger