I pinned it and then I made it!

Monday, November 7, 2011

I pinned this wreath yesterday and was inspired enough to actually try it out. It was super easy and fast to make, plus I was able to get everything needed for under $20!

The Martha Stewart Glitter Acrylic Paint that I used might just be my favorite paint of all time.


Fake fall leaves and ribbon. The directions for this wreath said to use stips of burlap, but I wasn't able to find any. I hate that Michaels doesnt carry fabric! Maybe Michael should take advice from JoAnn.


I saw this idea on pinterest as well! I used push pins to hold the letters off the table for easier (and cleaner!) painting.


I ended up buying too different colors of the paint because I wasnt sure how either would turn out. It turned out that I needed both! The Brownstone was a litle too dark and the Florentine Gold was a little too light. I used the Brownstone first then added a top coat of the gold. The two colors together gave the letters a really nice bronze color, which I think is perfect for fall.

Also, the wreath from pinterest only had one letter. I decided to add the K & J to complete the monogram.


While the letters were drying, I assembled the wreath by layering the ribbon and leaves and securing each one with a dab of hot glue.


And here is the final product!



I finally took it outside and hung it on the front door
Please excuse the crookedness of the letters, it's just the angle of the picture. Trust me, I am way too OCD to deal with crooked letters.


Happy Fall...Finally!

Have you actually made something that you pinned?

Since your done here, please go and follow me on Pinterest! 

2 comments:

  1. Snazzy! I love it! I've seen SO many things in Pinterest I'd love to make...but I just haven't. Yet. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Holly

    I know! It's hard to actually attempt anything! This was so easy and fun to make!! I think I might make a Christmas one too, when the time comes :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger