30 Days of Thanks {Days 15 & 16}

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Days 15 & 16!
Today I am thankful for: STARBUCKS!

Who knew you could get a english muffin breakfast sandwhich at Starbucks? I certainly didnt and let me just tell you...it was AMAZING! I am also loving their Pumpkin Spice Latte. I swear I couldnt live without Starbucks. Anyone else feel this way?

On a side note..how cute is this costume? Is it too weird to plan Halloween costume for my kids that dont exist...yet?


******

Yesterday I was am thankful for: RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS!

Yesterday I ran into CVS to pick up something. It was small and cost less than $5.00. When I got to the register the there was no line, but an elderly woman checking out. She turned around and noticed that I was waiting, with my one item. She then mentioned that she "is moving a little slow these days".  I was in no hurry so it really wasnt going to bother me to wait. However, since she was purchasing a cart full of stuff, she actually asked the cashier to go ahead and ring me up. I replied with a big "thank you", thinking how nice it was of her to let me cut in line! As soon as my item was rung up and went to grab my wallet from my purse, the elderly woman said, "let me take care of that for you." I of course, said, "no thank you" and told her now nice it was of her to offer. She then told me that she I reminded her of her granddaughter (who lives across the country and whom she rarely sees) and to do something nice for me, really would be her pleasure. I couldnt argue with that!
I waited in the parking lot to help her load her bags into her car and we chatted a little more about the holidays, her family, etc. She was the nicest woman. After a few "Happy Holidays" (which by the way, is another reason why I love this time of year. Doesnt saying "Happy Holidays" just make you happy?) we were both on our way. I ended up being at CVS for way longer than expected but it didnt matter. She insisted that it made her day, but what she didnt know is that it also made mine.

The world would be a much better and happier place if we all took a second to do something, each day, for someone else.

WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL FOR TODAY?

2 comments:

  1. Ok so it is now my life's ambition to dress my child up as Starbucks. That is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger