The Plan

Friday, June 17, 2011

I am back! Not only am I back, but I have a new blog design and am loving it!...what do you guys think??? I promise it's here to stay....no more weekly daily monthly design changes.

Alrighty then. Now that I am back at it, what do you say we clear the slate and start fresh. Take a minute and I will attempt to catch you up to speed and give you a rundown of what to expect from the new and improved blog.

Let's start from the beginning.

I started my blog as a way to document our life and share my love for photography. That's it. Simple. While blogging has been fun and 'cool' (everyone's doing it!) I have slowly realized that we actually lead a quite normal and somewhat borning life and only blogging about a normal and boring life made my blog....well normal and boring.  I have always thought about expanding the realm of my blog to incorporate other topics, but first I had to decide what direction I should take thebenchbunch{dot}com.

So, I did what everyone does when they have a difficult question that needs answering...I asked someone for advice

I googled it.

No, I wasnt playing Cricket. (The Oxford English Dictionary lists an older verb "google" (without initial capital), meaning to bowl a googly in the game of cricket, or to move as a ball in such.)

Unless you have been living on another planet (which is possible for some of you), then you know that blogging seems to be taking over the world....kind of the way facebook, puff paint, kaboodles, Ipods, cell phones, and New Kids on the Block once did. Ok, Ok, scratch that...facebook did and still is taking over the world. Aaaaand I guess you could say the same for NKOTB (More on that later), and cell phones, ipods and puff paint and kaboodles...you get the picture. They are here to stay and you if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. don't get one, you simply arent very cool. Just Kidding.

Anyway, while trying to find my blogging niche, I started reading and following other blogs in hopes of finding something that will spark my creative blogging desires. {Oh and those other blogs, I will continue to follow because in the words of Oscar Wilde, my own business always bores me to death so I prefer other people's.}

Moving on. During this period of reserach (which was really only about a week...before that I was just busy. Don't judge.) I realized that the majority of blogs are either about healthy living (Boring! Who wants to look at pictures of what I eat every day and what I listen to on my ipod while runing marathons laying out by the pool and how many miles I biked at 4am?), crafts and DIY (I am crafty but simply dont have time to blog about it once a day, much less 3 times!...I have a job. and a life. and other's might think about getting one too. a job. and a life. Also, my shit creations never come out looking like their's, which ends of being a big waste of time and money and frankly pisses me off),  or raising kids (and well, I don't any to raise{yet},  and blogging about kids, when you don't have kids, well, that wouldnt make much sense now would it?).

You see, my life simply doesn't fit into any ONE of the typical blog categories....go figure. I like to be healthly (more on this later). I like to try and create things. I plan to one day have and raise a kid or 2....or 3. I also love throwing parties and taking pictures.

So, acting as the "baby of the family", I channeled my inner spoiled brat and demanded (to myself) that I didnt want to choose one topic or direction for my blog. {Insert stomping foot and bottom lip extension}. Funny thing is, Myself didn't say a damn dang word. Gosh, Myself always says the right thing. HA! I love being an adult and getting to do whatever I want. It's pretty badass, isn't it?

That brings me here. I don't plan to blog about one subject and will write about it all.  If you only followed before to keep up with what Jason and I were doing, you'll still get your updates....but you might just get all the random and unexpected details in between.

All I am saying is I can't guarantee what I'll blog about from day to day. All I can do is plan to blog more frequently. Everything else, I plan to leave Perfectly Unplanned and I hope you are ok with that.

If it's still normal and boring then, so what? Just dont say anything and everything will be fine. :)

And a little something inspirational for you.

“Nearly everyone postpones one grand thing or a collection of mighty hopes and dreams. Between the quote marks of our lives are phrases like these: “When things slow down…when I finish my degree…when I get certified…as I acquire a deeper knowledge base…when I have kids…when the kids are grown…when I get well…when I marry…when I divorce…when I retire…when I get that promotion, that raise, that job, that house, that whatever the fill-in-the blank is for your specific postponing of life…” Your Life Begins When You Do. You may think you are postponing the longing of your soul until life aligns itself with your vision, until elements conspire to be more favorable…but as it happens, life just lolls along at the same remarkable consistent and disinterested cadence. Life is impartial. YOUR personal, subjective life (dreams, satisfactions, contentment, achievements, vision, fullness, passion, aspirations) begins when you begin. Embrace the truth of your purpose each minute of your precious life…for how very true it is that life begins when you do. So, why wait another minute? The life you’re waiting for…begins when you do!”
Happy Friday, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger